To all Potential Volunteer Staff
hank you for your interest in serving at Midnight Sun Bible Camp (MSBC). Your willingness to work at camp as a Christian volunteer follows the paths of many before us. Many have volunteered their time and demonstrated their love for our young people by serving at MSBC. We have a unique opportunity to have a positive influence on the lives of our youth through our example and the teachings of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Our priority is to ensure that all those who work with our youth in any capacity at camp are properly suited and trained for the task. They must also be able to present themselves as strong Christian examples, as little eyes are always watching and learning through what we say and do.
As in past years, we will continue to require all potential staff to fill out a Staff Registration Packet and complete a new background check. Your Staff Registration Form is due no later than June 15th, 2018. Forms can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in person to Bob Hoffman or Jason Gardner.
Background checks will be processed online again this year, so you will need internet access to complete this portion of your staff application. Background checks are required for all staff serving this year, even if you completed a background check last year. Background checks are due no later than June 22nd, 2018. No one will be allowed to serve as a staff member without a background check.
Additionally, we are asking all first-time staff to attend at least one training session (in person or via telephone) scheduled for the week of June 24th – June 29th. This training is being held to clarify camp goals, communicate the expectations of camp leadership, and to better prepare new and returning staff in an effort to continually improve the camp experience for everyone involved. Please see the schedule below for available training dates and times.
- Training Session #1 – Anchorage Church of Christ: June 24th from 4-5:30pm
- Training Session #2 – Valley Church of Christ: June 25th from 7-8:30pm
- Training Session #3 – Anchorage Church of Christ: June 26th from 7-8:30pm
- Training Session #4 – Valley Church of Christ: June 28th from 7-8:30pm
The 2018 Staff Registration Packet includes:
- MSBC Cover Letter
- Packet Checklist/Table of Contents
- 2018 Criteria for Staff Serving at MSBC Youth Events
- 2018 MSBC Staff Registration Form
- SecureSearch Guide to Online Reporting (Background Check)
- 2018 Staff Background Check Procedure
- State Consumer Reporting Requirements Information
- Our goal each year is to enhance the camp experience for all those who attend. Thank you for your patience as we work to streamline our processes, and thank you for your willingness to serve our Lord at MSBC. May God bless all of our campers, staff, and our efforts to serve Him!!
Midnight Sun Bible Camp – Program Director
God has blessed us so well.
Download the 2018 Staff Registration Packet MSBC 04172018(1)
Download the Alaska State Child Abuse Reporting Laws